THE NEW YORK SAFE BOATING COURSE:
This course is designed as a comprehensive boating safety course, teaching the fundamentals of safe boating operation and has been approved by the National Association of Boating Law Administrators (NASBLA).
- Students must be at least 10 years of age to attend the course.
- This course requires 8 hours of classroom instruction.
- Students must pass a final exam with a score of 76% which is given the same day in class.
- Students will receive a temporary boating safety certificate upon completion of the course (same day).
- Students 18 years of age and older will be required to pay a $10 fee to NYS for issuance of a permanent boating safety certificate.
- Permanent boating safety certificates do not expire.
As of April 2015, New York State offers two options for completing the course; online or in-class. This means that you can spend hours and hours in front of your computer, trying to pass the online exam or you can attend one of our in-class courses and guarantee yourself a hassle-free day. With us you'll get guidance, interaction with your instructor, learn from real-life examples, and take advantage of our 99.9% exam passing rate on first attempt.
***Private sessions are available to groups of six or more people. We will travel to anywhere in the Tri-state area to teach your group. Course availability and fees are based upon location and group size.
For more information, visit our course calendar for upcoming boating courses OR call us!